Zearn: dynamic digital lessons to learn and love math.
We are an early stage non-profit building a revolutionary digital learning experience for K-8 students. Our content is rigorous and motivating and designed to inspire students, teachers, and parents.
Our founders are nationally recognized leaders in K-12 education. We are a passionate team of teachers, engineers, designers, and product creators, working closely together to build a student experience that instills academic skills, love of learning, and confidence in students.
We’re looking for a full stack web developer to become the fourth member of our growing engineering team. In addition to developing features, you will have the opportunity to shape product decisions, build the development culture of a new team and help make the world a better place.
We work with Ruby, Rails, Spine.js, Coffeescript, and several other technologies that help us solve problems and ship code. Experience with these is a plus, but we are happy to train the right person to work in this environment.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Full-stack web application development experience
- A desire to collaborate on a team and learn new tools and techniques
- An interest in working on site in New York City
Bonus points for:
- Experience with test-driven development or continuous delivery
- A code sample (or a link to an open source contribution) for us to review
- Links to projects on the web
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
To apply, please send a resume and a bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
What you'll do
We are looking for talented and charismatic teachers to lead our on-camera lessons! This is your chance to become one of the faces of Zearn, and to engage and inspire kids across the country. The time commitment is just 1 to 10 days a year, can work around your teaching schedule, and you don’t need any prior on-camera experience!
If you are passionate about inspiring kids, excited to bring them joyful AND rigorous instruction, comfortable teaching math, and can film in New York City, we want to hear from you!
Zearn offers a competitive compensation, as well as the chance to positively impact the lives of millions of children. However, we are not able to cover travel costs.
Zearn is accepting submissions on an ongoing basis. Follow the instructions below to apply:
- Create a one-minute video of yourself as though you were speaking to a small group of 3rd graders. You can use your phone or webcam. In the video
- Introduce yourself
- Tell 'your students' three facts about yourself
- Tell 'your students' why you like math
- Upload your video to YouTube. Use the 'unlisted' setting, which allows anyone with the link to view the clip, but ensures your video isn't searchable to the public
- Write a short bio telling us why you became a teacher and a high-level summary of your background as an educator
- Email the YouTube link, biography, and your preferred method of contact to email@example.com
School Engagement Associate
What you'll do
As the School Engagement Associate, you will support Zearn’s frequent interactions and communication with educators and students. Teachers using Zearn consistently tell us that one of the things they love the most about Zearn is how responsive we are to their feedback and support requests. As the School Engagement Associate, you will play a critical role in ensuring that we maintain this high quality of interactions with schools as we more than double the number of users this year.
- Identify efficient and effective processes for responding and learning from user support inquiries
- Respond to all user support inquiries in a thoughtful and organized way
- Communicate clearly with Zearn teachers, students and parents, and play a key role in shaping the “Zearn voice"
- Develop deep expertise in the Zearn product, working closely with Zearn team members from different functions including engineering, product, and academic
- Develop insights from ongoing user support inquiries and user feedback and share findings with the Growth team and the broader Zearn Team
- Identify an efficient and effective process for capturing, tracking, responding to, and learning from Student and Teacher feedback
- Lead effort to support Teachers and Administrators during Zearn enrollment
Ideal candidates will have:
- 2+ years of work experience, either in business or education
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Basic proficiency in Excel
- Commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children via innovative digital media
- Desire for an entrepreneurial environment at an early stage startup
Zearn offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package. Zearn is based in NYC, but this role could be based remotely. We have a collegial and motivated team, challenging problems to solve, and the chance to impact the lives of millions of children. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 8