Full Stack Software Engineer
We’re looking for a full stack software engineer to join our small but growing engineering team. In addition to developing features, you will have the opportunity to shape product decisions, build the development culture of a new team and help make the world a better place.
We work with Ruby, Rails, Spine.js, Coffeescript, and several other technologies that help us solve problems and ship code. Experience with these is a plus, but we are happy to train the right person to work in this environment.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Full-stack web application development experience
- A desire to collaborate on a team and learn new tools and techniques
- An interest in working on site in New York City
Bonus points for:
- Experience with test-driven development or continuous delivery
- A code sample (or a link to an open source contribution) for us to review
- Links to projects on the web
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
To apply, please send a resume and a bit about yourself to email@example.com
What you'll do
We are looking for talented and charismatic teachers to lead our on-camera lessons! This is your chance to become one of the faces of Zearn, and to engage and inspire kids across the country. The time commitment is just 1 to 10 days a year, can work around your teaching schedule, and you don’t need any prior on-camera experience!
If you are passionate about inspiring kids, excited to bring them joyful AND rigorous instruction, comfortable teaching math, and can film in New York City, we want to hear from you!
Zearn offers a competitive compensation, as well as the chance to positively impact the lives of millions of children. However, we are not able to cover travel costs.
Zearn is accepting submissions on an ongoing basis. Follow the instructions below to apply:
- Create a one-minute video of yourself as though you were speaking to a small group of 3rd graders. You can use your phone or webcam. In the video
- Introduce yourself
- Tell 'your students' three facts about yourself
- Tell 'your students' why you like math
- Upload your video to YouTube. Use the 'unlisted' setting, which allows anyone with the link to view the clip, but ensures your video isn't searchable to the public
- Write a short bio telling us why you became a teacher and a high-level summary of your background as an educator
- Email the YouTube link, biography, and your preferred method of contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Accounting Associate (AA) plays a key role in the smooth day-to-day financial operations at Zearn, Inc. The Accounting Associate will report to and be supported by the Director of Finance. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to use his or her accounting skills in a mission-driven environment.
We Want You!
You may be great for this job if you:
- Jump at the chance to build something new
- Delight in details
- Dig making spreadsheets
- Love when numbers match to the penny
- Enjoy working on a small, supportive team in a dynamic and fun organization
The AA will perform day-to-day bookkeeping, payroll, and reporting functions, including:
- Process all A/P functions, including daily bookkeeping of processing invoices, issuing checks, preparing for signatures and disbursement
- Process all A/R functions, including daily bookkeeping of cash receipts for earned revenue and grants
- Perform all semi-monthly payroll activities, ensuring compliance with employment and tax laws
- Close the books on a monthly basis and maintain accurate and detailed records of all financial transactions, including booking/monitoring accrual entries and performing reconciliations
- Assist with financial reports and audit preparation
- Maintain accurate filing of all finance documentation in organized and secure files at all times
- Assist with benefits plan administration and manage HR files with all necessary documentation
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis to support business operations
- BA, preferably with a quantitative or logical reasoning focus
- 1‐2 years of accounting experience or related internship
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles, knowledge of nonprofit accounting a plus
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- Professional and friendly demeanor with demonstrated success in service‐oriented roles
- Commitment to closing the opportunity gap in education
Zearn, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
About Zearn, Inc
Zearn is a nonprofit organization that creates ground-breaking math learning content and apps that deeply and uniquely partner with educators so all children can reach their potential.
Please send a cover letter or introductory email and your resume to email@example.com A member of our team will respond to you within two weeks. Thank you for your interest!